Be Informed!

The First Class Breakfast Program is being implemented in schools all over Houston. I am a very involved parent, but I have only one experience to share and one point of view. In an effort to share information and inform parents, I welcome comments and guest posts!


Forward this to all who might be interested. You need to be informed and aware of what is happening in your schools.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 9 - Last Day of School

I have no photos today.  Things are always a bit different on the last day and it is no different in the blog world. 

As you can imagine and probably experienced yourself today, the last day of school is not normal.  Breakfast was still served as usual.  Breakfast was an Oatmeal bar and a banana, with juice and milk.  Some kids ate some kids didn't.  There was an experiment in the Kindergarten classroom, though.  Since this was a pretty quick easy to eat meal, the kids did a free draw exercise while they were eating.  Unfortunately there were quite a few spills and messes to clean up.  They probably will go back to just eating and not getting started with lessons until after breakfast.  It may take longer, but the time they saved by multi-tasking was lost because of the extra cleanup.

So what do your kids do during breakfast?  Are there activities that can be done while eating that don't result in messes? 

1 comment:

  1. None. As a teacher who just completed her second year of breakfast in the classroom, I gave up last school year. I am just chalking it up to 30 minutes of lost instructional time. Before breakfast is served, my students do boardwork. After we get the cards to pass out, I make them put everything away. At least 2-3 days a week, I have to get a clean up.

    ReplyDelete