Be Informed!

The First Class Breakfast Program is being implemented in schools all over Houston. I am a very involved parent, but I have only one experience to share and one point of view. In an effort to share information and inform parents, I welcome comments and guest posts!


Forward this to all who might be interested. You need to be informed and aware of what is happening in your schools.

Friday, May 28, 2010

What do you want to see on the menu?

Next week the Food Services Parent Advisory Committee will be meeting again to discuss menu selections for the Fall.

I have asked this of fellow parents in my school, but I would like to know from you as well. 

1. What food items would you really like to see gone from the menu? 
2. What suggestions do you have for healthy new additions? 

Answer either question for the breakfast or lunch menu and I'll take some of your suggestions to the meeting next week.  Send me an email or leave a comment below.

I also plan to report back on some changes happening with the breakfast menu for the Fall.  I heard some exciting possibilites for more items made fresh in the Food Services Facility rather than manufactured products purchased from food for next Fall, but some of the details are still being worked out.

Check back late next week for an update.  As things happen or news comes out in the summer, I'll be here to keep you informed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment